HOW TO GET A HEALTH CARD?
Here are the steps to follow, for you to hold a health card in Qatar:
- Visit the nearest Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) center to where you live.
- Fill out the appropriate forms, and then you will be issued a PHCC health file number.
- Bring the following documents with you:
– Qatari adults: Copies of your passport or ID, passport-size photo (4cm x 3cm)
- Qatari children: Birth certificate with Qatari personal identity number – or passport, passport-size photo and vaccination card (for first time issue).
- GCC National Adult Residents: Copy of your passport or ID with Qatari personal identity number, passport-size photo and your old health card (in case of renewals).
- GCC National Child Residents: Birth certificate or passport with Qatar personal identity number, one passport-size photo, vaccination card (for first time issue for children born in Qatar) and old health card (in case of renewals).
- Adult Residents: Valid QID or passport with valid residence permit and passport-size photo.
- Children: Passport with valid residence permit, passport-size photo and vaccination card (for first time issue and for those born in Qatar or who had their vaccinations in Qatar).
- Domestic Staff: Valid passport with valid residence permit, passport-size photo and original QID of sponsor.
- All: Copy of utility bill (phone, water/electricity) to prove where you live.
SERVICE CENTER: Nearest PHCC center to where you live.
FEES / Prices:
50 QR for Qataris and GCC countries
100 QR for non-GCC adult residents and children
In case of domestic staff, fees are upon the professions approved by the Ministry of Interior (MoI) for personal sponsorship.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS, WHICH ARE GOOD TO KNOW:
- The health card contains your ID number, nationality, photo and date of expiration
- It is available to all residents of Qatar
- The health center will either issue your card immediately or ask you to return within a few days to pick it up
- Consultations or non-emergency treatments may cost extra, but it will be subsidized for those who hold a valid health card
- Holders of a health card can also have their prescriptions filled at a government-run pharmacy at subsidized rates.
- You must pay using a credit card. No cash is accepted.
- Please note that health cards are issued during morning working hours only.
- Renewing your health card is a simple process and can be done immediately at all HMC hospitals. All you need is ask any of the Patient and Visitor Service Center employees to guide to the place where health cards are renewed inside each hospital.
- You may also renew your health card online through Hukoomi.
- In case of loss of valid health card, a citizen pays QR50, and r resident QR100, and in case of loss of expired card, a citizen pays QR100 and a resident QR200.
- For more information about the service, call PHCC customer service line ‘Hayyak’ at (107).